$25 Million in COPS School Violence Prevention Program Grants

COPS School Violence Prevention Program grants provide funding for law enforcement coordination, notification technology and violence-deterrent methods.

The U.S. Department of Justice Office of Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) is awarding $25 million in grants as part of the Students, Teachers and Officers Preventing (STOP) School Violence: School Violence Prevention Program (SVPP).

Awards should be used to increase safety at school across the country through evidence-based school safety programs. Funding will cover 75 percent of the certain safety measures, with the other 25 percent provided by the recipients, including:

  • Coordination with law enforcement
  • Training and education for local law enforcement to prevent student violence on campuses
  • Metal detectors, lock, lighting and additional violence-deterrent methods
  • Technology to expedite law enforcement notifications during emergencies
  • Additional safety measures that are deemed a significant improvement to security

Awards are capped at $500,000 and will be awarded directly to units of government at the state or local level.

The deadline to apply for a COPS School Violence Prevention Program grant is July 30, 2018.

Apply online at the COPS Office website. 

Copyright © 2023 GovGrantsHelp.com. All rights reserved.